Immune Booster Soup
Drink this immune booster soup when your schedule goes into overdrive to prevent you from getting run down or sick. It’s like chicken soup on steroids.
IMMUNE BOOSTER SOUP INGREDIENTS
- 1 quart miso, chicken or mushroom broth
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon to 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 to 5 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- ½ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
TO MAKE THE SOUP
- In a large pot over medium, combine the broth, onion, ginger, garlic and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, carrot and parsley, and cover the pan for 5 minutes to steam.
- Eat one to four times a day.
For more tips and recipes, see the Health Food Rocks guidelines in chapter 7 of The Rockstar Remedy.